Wednesday 3 April 2013

And tonight ......


I have spent the afternoon and evening alone - funny old feeling being on your own when you don't expect to be.  I have 4 children you see, the youngest is 12 - he at least should have been home, but he was invited to sleep over at his cousin's, the others I expected to be away - Miss 15 is in Italy on a school trip, Master 16 nearly 17 is at his girlfriend's and Mr 21 was at work then out with his girlfriend.  He is home now, the smell of cooked pizza alerts me to this!!  I am full of a cold and not feeling so good which is why I think the invite for Master 12 was put forward, to give me a break.  But really I don't need a break, I love the school holidays, I love having my children around me - there will be plenty of future without them, of that I have no doubt so I am in no rush to be away from them now.
I couldn't motivate myself to craft so scanned the sky planner and found a two part drama I had recorded months ago - a book I had always meant to read - Birdsong - Sebastian Faulkes - I've no doubt you have all seen it - well just to say I loved it, watched both parts and whiled away my evening very pleasantly.
Actually due to my cold, I have not played much lately, but did manage to do the UKS weekly challenge last week ...




Its a photo of Mr 21 taken in 1998.  I had searched out some old photos to scan and put on a digital photo frame (given to us this Christmas by our very dear friends Mr and Mrs Groat!).  Its a big screen (about 10x8) so the photos look great.  And this one just kept jumping out at me, begging to be scrapped!  There he is, so innocent, happy with his camera, enjoying a day out.  Halcyon days but such hard work in so many other ways!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope your cold is much better, Pauline. You must have felt rough not to want to craft!

    ReplyDelete