Tuesday 9 April 2013

Nearly a week since ...

 ... I last blogged.  We have been enjoying the time away from routine and school. 

I took Miss 15 and some friends to see Cheryl Johnson of FeelgoodPhotos for a 'late' birthday photo shoot.  They had 2 hours of perfect girly fun, bright colours, high heels, wigs, hats, tutus and specs, dressing up for teenagers perfected, and during all the fun CJ actually managed to take 200 photos!!  Now we are all waiting, excited to see the results. 

I also dragged Master 12 to the ICHF show at the Excel Centre - its only about a 20 minute drive from home - or would have been had the satnav known about the Docklands railway!!  We were only in there for about an hour as parking was extortionate, Master 12 watched the time carefully!  I needed some plastic boxes for my decopatch so bought those and then I happened across a booth which I had never see before - full of french fabrics and vintage ribbons, lavender and rosebuds.  I bought these ...
I love them - and intend making a patchwork heart from them to put in the middle of our bed headboard.  I have not patchworked since the hexagon place mats I made in the early '70s as a child so it could be a bit of a learning curve!  The fabric it is laying on I bought in IKEA this evening and will use that as the main covering for the headboard.  The French cottons are soft and gorgeous but far too expensive for me to cover the whole headboard in, and this IKEA fabric will be a good backdrop to them I think.
And then of course, I had challenges to complete too - the weekly challenge for UKS, where we had a sketch to follow and I did this ...

Its an photo from 2006 of Master 12, I am feeling quite nostalgic lately, my children are growing up and I am missing their dependence a little.

I also managed to do the monthly challenge - for this we had to find inspiration from a members layout using the third letter in our user name, mine was 'u' and members were limited, but I found one I liked and scraplifted it ...
Another old photo!! This time of Hubby and Mr 21.

More tomorrow - time to chase the darlings to bed!! xxx


1 comment:

  1. Glad the photo shoot went well, Pauline. There should be some good shots among those 200!
    I love the French fabrics - beautiful. Sometimes less is more, so the Ikea fabric will make them stand out all the better. You must share a photo when it's done.
    Love the layouts, I sometimes get nostalgic too. Like me you love having your children around and can't have enough of them. Your scrapbook pages are a lovely way to record these happy memories and times together x

    ReplyDelete