Wednesday 27 February 2013

And then last night .....

 

I thought I would go back to the  original canvas I had planned to use for the UKS Mini Canvas Swap!   I have loved watching the you-tube video of Leandra transferring stamped images on her crackly tissue onto canvas so thought I would give it a go.  Took a few goes to get it reasonable - on one attempt I had totally forgotten to heat-set the versafine ink, fine while I was painting the back of the tissue but I was very sad as I used the glaze on the front and saw my inked image grey and disappear!!  Lesson learnt quickly!
Via Paperartsy I also saw a class Lin Brown taught and I loved the way she put the crown on the tea-cup lady's 'hat' so thought I would pinch that idea.  I'm fairly new to this sort of work (more a paper person really) so I have to admit at the moment while I am practising the techniques I am busy pinching other people's creative ideas!  Sorry - but I will always give them credit - and I am so very thankful for all you wonderful people who put your ideas out here to help us beginners, and hopefully when the techniques become second nature I'll be able to let my creativity flow through into it too!   But just for now its a bit white knuckle!!! 
And here it is ....


I received the frame via a UKS swap last year or was it the year before so thank you IRBOO for that (though I did recolour it gold and black to match my canvas better)
So as I am a useless decision maker/taker I will be posting two canvases to the swap - this one and one of the JOFY ones.
Now I must away to collect hubby from Heathrow - he's been away 8 weeks - allowing me lots of time to play - but now I'd better collect him and hope he'll do some of the housework which has been sadly neglected these past few weeks!!  Hoping the M25 is clear xxx

1 comment:

  1. Another lovely piece, Pauline.
    I quite agree... using other peoples ideas when you start something new is always inspiring. I need that too, but soon you'll be blogging your own tutorials and projects for others to be inspired by. Love the crown on the tea cup! I'm making a Jubilee mini book this weekend so I may take a couple of crowns to use!

    ReplyDelete